An app can greatly increase a business's exposure, acting as both direct marketing channel and monitoring tool for its products. When developing one yourself, select an appropriate tool. XCode, Ionic and Titanium SDK are three popular mobile app development tools. Each offers an IDE, code-free development features such as templates…
In the last decade, the development of mobile applications has emerged as an extremely promising and profitable market. The large number of applications available indicates that we use them more and more to solve different types of problems, manage daily tasks, and also for leisure and entertainment. Whether from Google’s Play Store or Apple’s App Store, we see hundreds of developers uploading and updating apps to meet diverse customer demands. The iOS application development process has different steps than other apps.
Currently, the AppStore has more than 1.5 million applications. Why do users like iOS so much? First, it is simple. Second, the App Store approval process is rigorous, which favors users to have high quality products. Finally, Apple made it clear that user privacy is the company’s biggest concern.
As a result, developers have to work hard during the iOS application development process and deliver a product with the required quality in one way or another. How the process unfolds is a subject that generates a lot of curiosity.
General flow of the application development process
Developing an app is not merely about creating a mobile app and launching it on the digital store. The process requires planning, research, skills and above all, a very clear focus. To ensure the success of the final product, the iOS application development company needs to follow several steps.
There are typically 5 essential phases in an application’s development cycle:
- Planning: Before launching an application, it is important to have a very clear focus: which problems the challenge will solve, which target audience, which functions will be included, and so on. In addition, it is important to conduct comprehensive market research to ensure that the application is competitive in your market or niche. The planning phase also includes bringing together all the functions required for the development process.
- Design: In this phase, the design team starts with the user interface and experience, that is, the look, experience and navigation. The design is then passed on to mobile developers.
- Development: This is the application development phase that the process flow includes involves creating a functional application from the design created.
- Testing: When development is complete, application testing is mandatory. The quality department should review the app to make sure it is working perfectly and without bugs.
- Launch and maintenance: Once the application is tested and reviewed by the customer, it can be published and launched in the store. However, the development process is not over as every application requires continuous maintenance and needs to be updated frequently to meet rapidly changing customer demands. Therefore, this phase marks the beginning of a new development cycle.
Apparently, the process of developing an iOS application is complete with the publication of the product on the App Store. However, in reality this process never ends.
Launching an iOS app is the beginning of an ongoing process of app maintenance. The process consists of: monitoring the use of the application through performance analysis platforms, measuring success through KPI’s, fixing any functional or security bugs that may arise and updating the application tools and or the interface through consumer feedback .
Best Frameworks for App Development
Today, most companies are moving from websites (web apps) to mobile apps. This is a strategy to reach the target audience more quickly.
However, the application market is also going through one of the most competitive phases, in which the selection of the right framework (like React or Xamarin), together with the right platform and a development strategy, has become essential.
Over the years, there has been a steady increase in the number of programming languages for Android and iOS operating systems.
In fact, the development of multiplatform (or hybrid) apps has also gained momentum and certainly the credit is for frameworks. They play a crucial role in converting an Android app into an iOS app and vice versa. So here are some of the best frameworks for app development and beyond.
Artificial Intelligence Today, AI is ubiquitous in daily life. We use it in search engines to provide relevant results, mobile phones to hail rides from autonomous cars and digital healthcare for better diagnoses. We depend on AI virtual assistants to manage our calendars and organise everyday tasks. The Metaverse…
Business organisations need a way to guarantee the efficacy of their digital defences. The type of attack you could experience in a secure environment is replicated by penetration testing services. Pen testing entails purposeful attacks on software or networks to gauge their level of security. This enables businesses to test…